Thursday, May 30, 2013

Obsessed with Inside the Actors Studio, so I felt I had to…


OK, I’ve been meaning to write about what it means to me to be a good parent, and about one of my favorite instances where my Father was there for me and how I think it’s a great example. However, I’m just not up to it, with Father’s Day fast approaching, consistent thoughts about my Dad drive me to near tears, and I’m just not up to that at the moment.

But I digress…one of the epic presents my beloved wife got me for Christmas was a TiVo DVR. I know, welcome to 21st Century. We had been delaying the whole DVR thing due to not wanting to give the shitty bastards at Time Warner NYC more of our money. Our good friends Mel & Steve had been lauding TiVo for years and my wife decided to surprise me.

Now my TiVo is currently dominated by all things UFC & episodes of Inside the Actors Studio, aside from the programs that we enjoy on a weekly basis and get watched pretty much a day or so after they air. If you’re a fan of the show, it stands to reason that you, yourself have thought about how you would answer, Mr. Lipton’s show ending questionnaire whose concept was originated by French television personality Bernard Pivot on his show Apostrophes, after the Proust Questionnaire.

So, in keeping with the spirit of the show and fun here are the ten questions he asks along with my replies:

  1. What is your favorite word? love
  2. What is your least favorite word? faggot
  3. What turns you on? Lively discourse
  4. What turns you off? Stupidity
  5. What sound or noise do you love? When my husky “talks”
  6. What sound or noise do you hate? My daughter crying
  7. What is your favorite curse word? CUNT
  8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Therapist
  9. What profession would you not like to do? Mathematician
  10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
    Your Father is right over there.

I would love to hear everyone else’s answers, fire away in the comments section or hip me up with an email!

May I also note how sad I was when I found out that Inside Inside by the wonderful James Lipton is out of print!
Episodes of ItAS currently oin my TiVo: 14

No comments:

Post a Comment